Friday, April 15, 2011

Introducing Me!




I guess now would be a great time to introduce myself. My name is Roshonda. I am 23 years old living in Florida (Yes, the Sunshine State). I recently rededicated my life to Christ April 4, 2010 at Spirit of Faith Christian Center in Gainesville, Fl. It was the most life changing experience for me as I began to emerge into my young adulthood. It is honestly one of the best decisions I have made thus far. A decision that changed my life.


Growing up, I knew about God. I knew about Jesus. I knew he died. But, I didn't know him. I didn't know him as the one who gave his life for me. I didn't know him as the one who was beat, spat at, ridiculed, all the while living a perfect life, but dying a sinner's death. I didn't know him as my salvation, the one who keeps me. I just didn't know him. I prayed to him for test, I prayed to him to make things go away, I prayed to him to change me. Yet, I didn't know him. How is that so? My spirit man cried out to him. I knew there was a god out there somewhere but I didn't know my God. I had a Bible, thinking about it, I had several Bibles. I read them when I was bored. When I figured out, I didn't understand anything going on in this book, I just put it down and walked away from it. What could I possibly learn from this book. Needless to say, I can learn ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. The way of life, who I am in Christ, and how to live by his word. It was truly powerful once I began to understand God's word.

The first time I gave my life to Christ I was 12 year's ago. I was in church, I was crying, I wanted someone to turn to so I gave my life to the Lord. I also didn't understand what I was doing. I didn't understand what being saved meant. "Okay, so I say the sinner's prayer and then I go to Heaven. That works for me." At 12 years old, that was my mind yet. No one explained to me what given up my life to the Lord was truly about. I sure many of us have been there. After a while, I noticed nothing seemed to work. My parents still lost their house, my family was broken apart, I was living with relatives, I was completely lost. So I began doing what I knew to do. Live the way I was taught. Care about myself. Live for me and no one else. "Do me." "Doing me" didn't get me anywhere. I began drinking, smoking, sneaking out, having sex, just becoming an all out problem child at home. In school I was as sweet as pie. "Roshonda did what? No way!" I had them fooled. As I became a little older, I began to understand more and more about God, but after so much time of just hurt I didn't want to hear it. I grew accustom to my way of life, my way of thinking to the best of my ability. I grew anger towards God. If he's suppose to be the ruler of the world and wants us to have the best, why was I molested at 15? Why did a Youth Pastor take advantage of me at 18? "That's God?" was all I could think. In all actuality it was not God, but my own stupidity. But I was angry with him. When I got to college, life was better. I could party, I could drink, I could sow my oaks before settling down, "HAVE FUN" was what I was told. I had fun, but I wasn't happy. I was going through depression on and off, my boyfriend and I were having problems, I was a wreck on the inside. Outside, I was just fine. Until I got the word "In Power and Simplicity." I've never heard the word spoken with such Faith and convictions. This man Pastor Kenneth J. Claytor really brought a message that was for me. I gave my life to Christ Resurrection (as known as Easter) Sunday. AND NEVER LOOKED BACK! I was saved. I am truly saved. I understand the power of God, I understand his word, I understand his promises; more importantly I understand my worth in his kingdom.

This blog is allowing me to share my experiences, testimonies, and how to apply the word of God to your life. As the message is being taught me and I retain the correct information with proper understanding. I can get that same message to you. I am praying for all my readers to help me, help you walk this journey with Christ the right way. He loves you more than you can ever imagine. All you have to do, is live for him.

~Roshonda

No comments:

Post a Comment