Sunday, April 17, 2011

Love Conquers

Today I was thinking of all the little catch phrases/quotes that we know. We have been taught quotes since we were young. "Love. Faith. Hope." "Love. Power. Respect." I hope you get the drift just different sayings of the world.

As I was driving home, I remembered one saying that I could not stand as a child.

"Love Conquers All."

I never understood it. It just didn't sit right with me. How could "love" actually "conquer" ALL? I mean my parents said they loved me yet, my mother had her own issues and my father was never around. That wasn't love in my opinion. Many friends, guys and girls, cousins, sisters, brother etc. have all told me they love me. Yet, I was talked about behind my back, they stole from me, even went as far as making me feel like an outcast. Is that love? I seriously had no idea what loved actually meant. It was a term that was used so loosely that to me it felt like a normal Hi or Bye greeting.

Well, today. I am happy to say that "LOVE DOES CONQUER ALL." How did I come to that revelation? This is the conversation I had with myself.:
  • Flesh: Does Love conquer all?
  • Spirit: Yes, Love does conquer all.
  • Flesh: How do you know love conquers all?
  • Spirit: Jesus loves you.
  • Flesh: Blank stare. (Praise God!)
1 John 4:8 (NIV) "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."

So instead of me reading that phrase "LOVE CONQUERS ALL." I can now read it:

"GOD CONQUERS ALL."

God conquers all in you home, your finances, you marriage, your family. Any area of your life you are lacking or struggling. Give your burdens to the Lord, Psalm 55:22 (NIV) "Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken."Anything you are going through he will keep you, hold you, so you will not be moved. God Conquers All.

No comments:

Post a Comment